You love your kids. You want them to have a fun, memorable and joy-filled birthday. But does that mean you have to work yourself to the bone or spend yourself into debt to do it? Heck, no. As a matter of fact, the things that you think are important and spend a lot of time on, might not even be noticed or appreciated by your little one.
Sometimes we forget what it is like to be a little kid. Remember when they were babies and had more fun playing with the box the toy came in, than they did with the actual toy? They had their own way of looking at the world at that age, and they still do. Don’t get caught up with what you think is important, try to think like a kid again.
Do they care if the words on the cake are a little crooked? No. Do they care if the table toppers are the ones from the dollar store instead of the fancy ones from the party store? No. Do they care if their friends are there to share the day with them? Yes. Do they care if you are happy and relaxed and enjoying the day with them? Yes.
Wherever you hold your party, follow these simple rules to keep the stress-level down.
- Have a start time and a finish time. Clearly indicate on the invitation when the party ends, and remind parents who aren’t staying when they need to pick up their kids.
- Start early. Just keep the party in the back of your mind, and when you see things on sale that you think would make great decorations, or if you find birthday candles on sale, grab them. If you’ve been picking stuff up along the way, it’ll make your life a lot easier as the big day approaches.
- Don’t make yourself crazy over the cake. Make it semi-homemade. No one cares that your cake was made from a box and not from scratch. You can pick up decorations at the dollar store and add a little home-made touch with a tube of decorative icing or homemade buttercream frosting.
If you are looking for easy, look no further.
A great way to keep the party planning simple is to have your child’s next party here at Rebounderz in Edison. We’ll take care of all of the hard stuff for you, so you can relax and enjoy the day.
- Games and activities: It should go without saying but, with the trampoline arena, Ninja Warrior course, basketball dunk and air dodgeball, we’ve got you covered.
- Food: Our snack bar will provide all the food you need. We’ll even help take care of the deserts with Cold Stone Creamery cakes and Cookie Rush cookies.
- Goodie bags: Take your pick from a lot of options, and add a few of your own items if you like. We’ve got goodie bags and everything from t-shirts to water bottles to go in them. Add an arcade prepaid game card, and you’ll be a super star!
- Invitations: Print your invitations right from our website! It doesn’t get much easier than that.
All that’s left is to show up and let our team make it a great day for you, your child and all of their friends.
Other easy birthday party ideas
If your child’s sibling just had their party at Rebounderz and they are determined to do something different, here are some other easy birthday party ideas for you to consider.
Skimp on spending but not on fun
There are a lot of fun birthday party activities that don’t cost a dime, but are sure to be filled with lively laughter. Some of our favorites include: musical chairs, hot potato, freeze dance, red rover, charades, simon says and duck, duck, goose. They may be old standbys, but they are still tons of fun.
Take it to the park
Your local park has everything you need for a great day right there. Just bring hotdogs for the grill, and get some parents to volunteer to keep an eye out for wanderers, and you’ve got the beginnings of a wonderful birthday.
Do your shopping for decorations and other birthday supplies online. We know that you like to support local stores, but sometimes simple has to be the priority. So, just this once, make an exception. You’ll get great prices and everything will just show up at your front door.
Whatever you choose for your child’s birthday, we hope it is a great day! And, don’t forget, come see us soon. You don’t have to wait for a birthday.